Lackawanna County Spousal Support Attorney
Determining Spousal Support in a Clarks Summit Divorce
Calculating spousal support can be a challenge in a divorce. This is true whether you are dealing with considerable assets or a modest life, whether you were the breadwinner or the homemaker, and whether you and your spouse are on friendly or unfriendly terms. Having a skilled Lackawanna County divorce attorney on your side can make all the difference in your financial stability now and into the future. At O’Malley Law Office, LLC, we handle spousal support and all other divorce and family law matters for clients throughout Scranton, Clarks, Summit, and across Pennsylvania. We are here to provide honest insight and aggressive legal counsel when you need it most. We serve Lackawanna, Wyoming, Luzerne, Monroe, Wayne, and Susquehanna counties.
Wondering whether you will be entitled to or may have to pay alimony? Ask a Lackawanna County spousal support lawyer by calling (570) 284-3551 today!
O’Malley Law Office, LLC Can Protect Your Financial Future
Spousal support is one of the issues that must be faced in a divorce or separation agreement. In Pennsylvania, spousal support is a certain amount of money paid by one ex-spouse to another.
Also known as alimony, it may be paid as a lump sum or in regular increments for a set period of time (or infinitely, under certain circumstances). Alimony pendente lite, “while the action is pending," refers to spousal support that is paid while the divorce is still in the process.
When awarding spousal support, Pennsylvania courts may look at a number of factors:
- The duration of the marriage;
- Each spouse’s income and earning potential;
- Any potential inheritance or other assets each spouse may acquire;
- The age and health of each spouse;
- The standard of living experienced during the marriage;
- The assets and debts of each spouse;
- The financial needs of each spouse;
- The impact spousal support may have on each spouse’s taxes;
- Each spouse’s ability to be self-supporting;
- Each spouse’s contributions during the marriage;
- The division of property in the divorce; and
- Any misconduct on the part of either spouse during the marriage.
“We highly recommend Mr. O'Malley for standing by us; seeing our most difficult situation thru to the very end. It”
“Not only is he efficient, but he has a very kind, professional attitude and is full of compassion.”
“Excellent at what he does.”
“Not going to meet a better guy.”
“Professional and Amazing Layers *****”
“I'd trust him with my children.”
“True professional & made an unfortunate experience bearable.”
“He is an exemplary attorney, whom I would recommend to most anyone.”
“My experience with this law firm was wonderful.”
Get Responsive Counsel & Personalized Attention
Skilled in Multiple Areas of Law
Over 80 Years of Combined Experience
Compassionate & Committed Legal Advocacy