Car Accident Attorneys in Lackawanna County
Helping Injured Victims in Clarks Summit & Beyond Obtain the Compensation They Deserve
Car accidents happen every day, causing a vast range of injuries, some of which are fatal. For survivors of car accidents, the next steps are not always clear and some are often hesitant to hire an attorney. However, hiring an experienced car accident attorney is your best chance of obtaining the compensation you deserve and need to cover your medical expenses and lost wages. At O’Malley Law Office, LLC, our team is committed to helping injured victims achieve the results they need to move forward and recover from their injuries without bearing the financial burden of someone else’s mistakes.
Contact our law office today at (570) 391-0866 to schedule a free case review with one of our car accident attorneys!
Steps to Take After a Motor Vehicle Accident
After being involved in a motor vehicle accident, there are certain steps you must take to protect your health and the future of a possible personal injury claim.
Here are some steps you should keep in mind in the event of an accident:
- If you are not in need of emergency medical assistance, check to see if anyone else involved in the accident needs medical attention.
- Call 911, even if the accident appears to be minor. If you file a personal injury claim, a police report will provide crucial evidence.
- Swap information with the other driver, including license information, the make and model of the vehicle, and contact information. These might be included in the police report, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Take pictures to document the accident and damages sustained to both vehicles. If your injuries are visible, make sure you photograph them as well and continue to take pictures of them as they heal.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident while you are still at the scene of the accident. They will let you know of anything else they might need to process the claim.
- Even if you are not seriously injured, you should still go to the doctor for a full examination. Some injuries do not immediately produce symptoms and, if you put off a doctor’s visit, it could weaken the strength of your claim.
Whatever you do, do not let the other driver convince you that you should handle this matter amongst yourselves. You must also hire a car accident attorney as soon as possible to help you handle the at -ault party’s insurance company, so you can avoid falling prey to a low-ball settlement offer.
Schedule a Free Case Review with a Lackawanna County Car Accident Attorney
No matter how severe or how complex your car accident case is, you can rely on the team at O’Malley Law Office, LLC to provide the aggressive and knowledgeable legal representation you need to hold the responsible party liable for your injuries. Our attorneys are backed by over 80 years of collective legal experience that we will use to your advantage.
Contact our office today at (570) 391-0866 to request a complimentary case review with one of our attorneys to discuss the details of your case. We help clients in Lackawanna, Wyoming, Luzerne, Monroe, Wayne, and Susquehanna counties.