Clarks Summit Child Custody Lawyer
Protecting Your Children’s Best Interests in Lackawanna County
The determination of child custody is one of the most emotionally charged parts of a divorce. Parents who were on friendly terms may find themselves in heated arguments regarding where their children will spend the majority of their time, who will make key decisions regarding their care, and where children will spend holidays.
Each of these and other custody-related issues can be extremely difficult to resolve, but the right approach and a competent custody lawyer can make a significant impact on whether proceedings resolve in your best interests.
A Clarks Summit child custody attorney at O’Malley Law Office, LLC can provide much-needed legal representation in independent custody proceedings or those related to a divorce or separation. Whether a resolution must be reached through negotiations or courtroom litigation, our team has the know-how and experience to provide effective counsel. We deeply care for our clients and are committed to pursuing the best outcome in every custody matter we take on.
Call (570) 391-0866 to discuss your custody case with a skilled child custody lawyer in PA during a FREE consultation.
What Influences Child Custody Rulings in Pennsylvania?
When a judge must make a ruling regarding establishing or modifying child custody, he or she may take the following factors into account:
- Each parent’s ability to provide a safe and secure environment to raise the child;
- Each parent’s ability to maintain a loving, nurturing relationship with the child;
- Each parent’s ability to tend to the child’s basic needs on an emotional, physical, developmental, and educational level;
- Any history of drug use, alcohol abuse, or criminal charges on the part of either parent;
- Any history of child abuse or domestic violence committed by either parent;
- The impact custody may have on the child’s current education; and
- The child’s own wishes.
Call (570) 391-0866 for a Free Consultation
If you are going through a divorce, there is no need to go through the custody process yourself. It is beneficial to have a practiced child custody attorney by your side to guide you and help you obtain the results you desire.
Protect your interests and your child’s future with a Lackawanna County custody lawyer by your side. Call (570) 391-0866 for a free consultation.