Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys in Lackawanna County
Fighting on Behalf of Injured Victims in Clarks Summit & Beyond
Whether you slipped and fell at a friend’s apartment complex or while shopping for groceries, you can file a lawsuit to pursue compensation for any injuries you might have sustained, depending on the circumstance of the situation. At O’Malley Law Office, LLC, our Lackawanna County team of personal injury attorneys handles a variety of cases, including those that involve slip and fall injuries. You can rely on our team to build a strong case on your behalf and ensure that the responsible party is held liable for your injuries.
Reach out to our law office today at (570) 284-3551 to request a complimentary case review. We serve Wyoming, Luzerne, Monroe, Wayne, and Susquehanna counties.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
The causes of slip and fall accidents are almost endless, but some happen more frequently than others.
Here are some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Slippery or uneven floors: Dangerous conditions, such as loose rugs, uneven floors, worn out carpeting, newly polished floors, and spills can are all common causes of slip and fall accidents. Property managers or owners have a duty to exercise reasonable care when it comes to ensuring their property is safe for visitors. If there is a dangerous spill that cannot be cleaned right away, warning signs should be posted to at least alert visitors to the danger.
- Hazardous stairs and ladders: Stairs and ladders can present great dangers when they are not properly maintained. If stairs lack handrails, have worn out steps, or trash and debris all over them, a person could trip and sustain severe injuries.
- Poor safety practices: When safety practices are ignored in the workplace, employees and guests alike can sustain slip and fall injuries.
- Environmental hazards: No, this is not in reference to the weather, but rather the space itself. Trash on the floor, exposed cords, inadequate lighting, and other hazards all increase the risk of slip and fall accidents.
Additionally, these are some of the most common injuries that occur due to slip and fall accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Shoulder injuries
These injuries can range from mild to catastrophic or even fatal, depending on the severity of the fall. Make sure you seek medical attention as soon as possible after your slip and fall accident. Even if you think your injuries are minor, something more life-threatening could be brewing under the surface.
Contact a Lackawanna County Slip and Fall Injury Attorney Today!
If you slipped and fell and sustained injuries, you might have a viable personal injury claim on your hands. At O’Malley Law Office, LLC, our team is committed to providing fierce legal representation on behalf of every client we serve. You do not have to go through this difficult experience on your own. With over 80 years of combined legal experience on our side, you can feel confident in our ability to represent you.
Let us be your voice and contact our team today at (570) 284-3551 to request a complimentary case review with an esteemed member of our legal team.